Business For Sale

Commodities Brokerage With 25 Year History

Not Disclosed, NE
Madison County


Asking Price: Annual Revenue:
$3,350,000 $1,512,775

Services: Financial, Accounting, Insurance


Request More Information
Contact the Seller

RE: Commodities Brokerage With 25 Year History Broker: Cortney Sells
Owner Financing is Available!
Purchase Price: $3,350,000 45% Up Front: $1,507,500 Of the 45% up front, a buyer could pay just 35% down ($527,625) and finance the rest through a bank loan. 55% Seller Earn Out: $1,842,500 Based on retention and a guaranteed net of $750,000 to the buyer: to be paid back over 3 years on a quarterly basis

Quick Facts

Asking Price: $3,350,000
Annual Revenue: $1,512,775
Net Profit: Not Disclosed
Cash Flow: $788,515
Total Debt: Not Disclosed
FF&E: $147,001
Real Estate: Not Disclosed
Year Established: 1990
Employees: 4
BBN Listing #: 80434398
Broker Reference #: PRO015

Email, Print & Share

Request More Information
Contact the Seller


Business Overview:

This futures trading company earns a 52% profit margin. Located in Eastern Nebraska with 700 active clients across 30 states, 80% of contracts are grain or livestock based. Outside of these, futures trading comes from other traditional markets like currency, oil, precious metals and more. In business for over 25 years, the seller is looking to retire and will be leaving behind an additional book of 1,200 inactive clients for a new owner to take on and grow the company.

A buyer looking to broker would need to obtain a Series 3 license administered by FINRA. The test is a straightforward 2 1/2-hour, multiple choice exam to secure a license. This can be achieved during the Due Diligence time period after an offer to purchase the business has been made, and can be taken in testing centers across Nebraska. A buyer not looking to broker would need to hire additional brokers to assist the 2 employed brokers currently working.

This is an excellent chance for a sales professional to break into a lucrative field with obtainable licensing, or for a larger commodities firm to acquire a second location. Sales are steady year-over-year, and an ambitious broker could drive sells well over the $2M mark.

Business Information
Years in Business: Over 25 years
Location and Service Area: Eastern Nebraska with clients across 30 states
Licensing: Series 3 – 2 1/2-hour, multiple choice exam securing a commodities/futures license; average study time is 4 – 6 weeks
Reason for Selling: Retirement
Employees: 2 employed brokers, 2 contracted brokers
Seller Training Period Included in Price and Earnout:
• 1st year at 16 hours/week
• 2nd & 3rd years at 8 hours/week
Growth Opportunities: Develop relationships with 1,200 inactive clients
Current Owner’s Responsibilities: Broker
Equipment: $147,000 – furniture, fixtures, software, hardware, client lists

To request more information regarding this listing, simply check the ADD TO REQUEST INFO BASKET button and when you are done searching and have made all your selections, simply click on the REQUEST INFO button at the bottom of the page.

Property Features and Assets:

Building: 6,200 square feet – plenty of room for more brokers! Equipment: $147,000 – furniture, fixtures, software, hardware, client lists.

Market Competition and Expansion:

Number of Clients: 700 active with an additional 1,200 inactive on the books; most clients are farmers & ranchers. Commodities: Corn, wheat, beans, cattle (agriculture comprises 80% of sales); the remaining 20% comes from foreign currency, crude oil, heating oil, precious metals and more. Growth Opportunities: Develop relationships with 1,200 inactive clients.

Reason for Selling:

Retirement

Additional Details:

  • The property is leased.
  • The owner is willing to train/assist the new owner.
  • This is not a homebased business opportunity.
  • This is not a franchise resale opportunity.

Documents:

Relevant Links:

Request More Information
Contact the Seller



BusinessBroker.net is one of the largest business for sale marketplaces in the world that connects tens-of-thousands of business buyers and sellers every month. Sell a Business Online or if you’re a broker or a commercial agent sign up for a Business Broker Membership today!